IRP Universal Short Shifter V3 CS (Centering Spring) - Black Reverse Button
The shifter in manual BMWs is said to provide a perfect blend of a sporty and comfortable feel. For some, this is perfect. For others that daily drive or track their BMW, they want shorter shifter travel and a much tighter feel. If you are one of these people, then we have a great option for you, the Short Shifter V3 CS from IRP, the successor of the V3 and V2.
IRP (Individual Race Parts) is a performance aftermarket parts company that focuses on high quality and long term reliability. The Universal Short Shifter V3 CS was developed to express their belief and compete with the much more expensive CAE Ultra Shifter, but at half the cost. The entire shifter assembly is made from all anodized aluminum and stainless steel for strength, durability, and looks. The V3 CS is a perfect replacement when looking for a shifter that gives you short, crisp, precise shifts with a 60% reduction in travel, plus a new return to center feature! Each piece of the shifter is CNC-machined for precise fitment, a sharp look, and a smooth feel. This shifter also features a reverse lockout to prevent accidental mis-shifts into reverse. The V3 CS incorporates a button located on the top of the shifter that can be depressed to allow you to put the car in reverse, similar to the V2 lever but in an easier to access location.
In addition to all of these great features and amazing build quality, this shifter requires very little alteration for installation. In fact, the steering linkage is left completely stock and connects to this shifter as if it came with the car on day one. Only a slight modification is needed to the center console and, depending on the model, slight alteration to the trim surround.
The IRP V3 CS is compatible with all BMW ZF and Getrag 5 and 6 speed H pattern manual transmissions.
- High-quality aluminum, CNC machined & black anodized
- Reverse release integrated into the shift knob
- CS stands for "Center Spring" = return spring for automatic centering of the lateral idle center position.
- Complete automatic shifting machine for adaptation to the existing BMW shift linkage.
- Weight: only about 900g
- Short and very precise shift travel
- The coupling system remains completely unaffected
- Highest quality & clean processing
- No interconnection through adjustable gear stops
- Development and production in the EU