BMW E82 CSL STYLE CARBON FIBER TRUNK
Founded in 2003 Seibon Carbon excels in delivering premium quality carbon fiber products to those with discerning tastes. The process begins with the best carbon raw material manufactured in either the USA or France; in fact, it is the same stock that can be found on high-performance racecars, battleships, and satellites. Supporting race teams is one of Seibons' specialties and you will see their work on many different platforms and racing types. Drivers such as Michele Abbate in her Scion FRS racecar, Fredric Aasbo in his Formula D Scion tC and even team RS-R in Asian Formula D all rely solely on Seibon to get them to the podium.
Using single piece construction, the carbon is laid inside of a mold instead of being wrapped around it. This allows for a much stronger piece in the end and allows much greater control when the resin is applied. Areas such as door hinges, hood latches, and window regulator mounting points are reinforced so as to add strength and longevity through repeated use. Application of the resin is then accomplished using proprietary techniques that allow for a much more uniform coating than most competitors and yields a product that is lighter since there is no excess.
Finally, the product is finished with a glossy clear coat this resists chipping and cracking and gives a glossy wet look. Inspection of the finished product is then performed to ensure there is no weave distortion in tight corners or complex bends.
- Proprietary methods to lay wet carbon for a stronger and lighter product
- UV resistant resins, even a weathered part can be wet sanded and brought back to original finish
- Panels are 70% lighter than stock as opposed to competitors which come in around 50% lighter than stock.
- No black paint is used to hide imperfections along detail edges and creases.
- Partnered with SCCA and Formula Drift bringing their top quality fit and finish to the competition environment.